letter B L O letter G IMG_5624_3 letter T O letter W letter N

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tool #2: PLNs and PLCs

I see the notion of a professional Learning Network (PLN) to be very similar to building a Professional Learning Community (PLC). However, PLNs involve the world wide web and technology. The PLN is an additional tool that can be used to further the PLC. Teachers can share with each other and learn from colleagues in a way that was not accessible in past decades.

Commenting on blogs came very easily to me because it is something that I had done before, even though I never ventured out to actually create a personal blog until now. I think the most important thing is to be specific when commenting on blogs written by members of the PLN. I commented on several blogs. The blogs I commented on were Vivian's Blog, Tomorrow and Beyond, Rosaura's Blog, Blogging, Teaching and Technology, and Mimi the blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment