letter B L O letter G IMG_5624_3 letter T O letter W letter N

Thursday, July 15, 2010

After 11 Tools: Finally I'm done!

I think by far my favorite activity was using the PhotoStory program. An enrichment project I have been thinking about would be assigning a group of students certain shapes and then having them make a video with PhotoStory they can show the class to demonstrate all they know about the shapes assigned to their group.

I think I've transformed my thinking in that now I can see using many of these tools quite regularly. Whereas, before I may have thought they were too difficult or time consuming. I truly believe in that these tools can greatly impact student learning. Overall, probably the most unexpected outcome was that I did not dislike creating my blog as much as I first thought I would... and "I didn't dislike" is all you're getting out of me. :)


P.S. I really hated how Blogger does not leave two spaces between a period and the start of a new sentence and even if you did put the two spaces, it would change it to only one space! It just felt so wrong!

4 comments:

  1. I'm at the beginning of the 11 Tools process; it's good to see your perspective at the end. What do you think turned you around so that you "didn't dislike" blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your comments completely about avoidance. Most teachers dread getting started on these things because they are so new and different. But no one yet has not enjoyed most of it, learned a lot, and gotten excited about using it in the classroom once they waded in and got started. Everyone has had frustrations, but it all worked out well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job on your Blog Ms. Giraldo, or I mean Mrs. Hubbard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lisa- I think the fact that you could personalize the blog and make it your own. Personalizing things is always fun. We just never get the time to do stuff like that, but with this blog, we had to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete